11.8.10

12 Designers To Watch: InStyle Visits Bibhu at The CFDA Incubator


12 Designers To Watch 
InStyle


Bibhu
Indian-born designer Bibhu Mohapatra worked for Halston and J. Mendel before launching his namesake line in 2008; he creates custom couture gowns, cocktail dresses, and furs from his Incubator space. "It's the perfect environment and support to further develop my brand, my business, and my reach into the luxury market," he says. "And what a heavenly, polite, and fun group of designers to work around! I love answering when my friend Waris shouts tome from down the hall. I've made some good, lifelong friends. There's positive energy here, and being here has made a huge difference in our productivity," he says. You can see the results online at Bibhu.com or in stores like Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus.

Hillary Swank in Bibhu Mohapatra

Hillary Swank in Bibhu Mohapatra
on way to Late show in New York

Me

Me
in the studio

Bibhu Mohapatra fall 2009 Presentation